Being Institutions with striking student strength, Indian Academy has consciously devised prerogative student support measures; one of which is its Institutional Scholarships Scheme. The endeavour of awarding and instituting Scholarships was initiated with the objective to award academic excellence and to also provide necessary monetary aid to students from economically weak sections of the society, thus giving them greater access to affordable, quality education.
Each year, the Trust awards a good number of students with these scholarships and plans to increase the number of Scholarships awarded, through the coming years. In the current year, about 30 students have benefited from these scholarships and shall be awarded scholarships adding up to Rs. 10,000 per student, every annum. Another important feature of this initiative is that the Trust is partnering with the community to raise these scholarships; some of these scholarships are instituted in the names of the sponsors who have kindly sponsored them, while a good number of them are both sponsored and instituted by the Indian Academy Education Trust.
Annual and course-based
One year, but every year for a selected student
- A student who is the topper in the test conducted by the IAGI in the first year of his/her PUC/UG/PG course shall be awarded the merit scholarship for that year of the course.
- The topper in the university/board examinations of the first year of his/her PUC /UG /PG course (in both semesters if it is a semester scheme) shall be awarded merit scholarship in the second year of the course.
- The topper in the university examinations of the second year of his/her UG course (both 3rd and 4th semesters put together in case of semester system) shall be awarded merit scholarship in the third year of the course.
- Merit Scholarship will be named after the sponsor.
- The name of the sponsor will be highlighted in the certificate given to the awardees.
- Sponsors will be invited for the scholarship-awarding ceremony of their nominees, every year.
- Sponsor will receive all relevant information through regular communication.
All of the following Merit Scholarships are instituted by the Indian Academy Education Trust and sponsored by the following Donors. These scholarships are offered to eligible and deserving students.
|Sl. No.||Name of the Scholarship||Donor's Name||Beneficiary’s Course & Year||Beneficiary’s Name|
|1||Smt. TALLAM SUBHADRAMMA Merit Scholarship||Sri Tallam N. Nanjunda Setty||I Year BCA||Ms. MAYA KUMARI|
|2||Sri SREENIVASA MURTHY Merit Scholarship||Sri S. Shivaswamy||II Year BCA||Ms. SADIYA|
|3||Sri KRISHNA INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION SOCIETY Merit Scholarship||Dr. M. Rukmangada Naidu Chairman Sri Krishna International Education Society||III Year BCA||Ms. SANDHYA Y.U.|
|4||Sri JHAMANDAS HINDUJA Merit Scholarship||Sri Dinesh Hinduja||I Year BBM||Mr. NAVEEN S.|
|5||Sri MAHENDRA SINGH Merit Scholarship||Sri Anil Kumar M/s. Ambient Controls (P) Ltd||II Year BBM||Ms. KUHANYA HARIHARAN|
|6||Smt. RAJESWARI BALAJI NAIDU Merit Scholarship||Sri. P. Balaji Naidu||III Year BBM||Ms. ALKA BAJRACHARYA|
|7||Smt. DAYAVANTI HINDUJA Merit Scholarship||Sri Rajendra Hinduja||I Year B.Com||Ms. LUBNA KOUSER L.|
|8||KOMARLA FAMILY Merit Scholarship||Sri K. G. Subbarama Setty||II Year B.com||Mr. PAVAN V.|
|9||Sri. KRISHNAMA NAIDU Merit Scholarship||Dr. T.Somasekhar||III Year B.Com||Ms. TALISHA HUSSAIN|
|10||Smt. BHANUMATHI SUNDARAMURTHY Merit Scholarship||Sri N. C. Sundaramurthy||I Year BA||Mr. VINODH KUMAR|
|11||Smt. SHYAMALA RADHAKRISHNA Merit Scholarship||Sri Gutta Radhakrishna||II Year BA||Ms. ASI TANUSHITA|
|12||Sri SUSHEELAMMA Merit Scholarship||Sri. M. Neelakanta Naidu||III Year BA||Ms. JYOTHI SHARMA|
|13||Smt. NACHA KANNAN Merit Scholarship||Sri Kannan Nagappan||I Year B.Sc.||Ms. A. UZMANAVID|
|14||Smt. POPPY DORTHY Merit Scholarship||Sri K. Noel||II Year B.Sc.||Ms. HERATH. DISSANAYAKALAGE SHENALI SUBODHA|
|15||Smt. LAKSHMAMMA & Sri NARASIMHULU NAIDU Merit Scholarship||Sri Rockiline T. N. Venkatesh||III Year B.Sc.||Ms. EITHASAB AHMED|
Through its institutional Merit-cum-Means Scholarships, the college creates a platform for students from economically weaker sections of the society to access quality education without worrying about finances for the same. These scholarships will be awarded to students belonging to lower income groups/families, every year. The selection of awardees is made by placing paramount importance on students hailing from deprived and economically backward backgrounds. Additionally, several students are also extended partial or full tuition fee waiver facilities, based on their merit/socio-economic status.
Annual and course-based
- 2 years for Pre-University courses
- 3 years for UG/Bachelors Degree courses
- 2 years for PG/ Masters Degree courses
- Students who are studying in their 1st semester/year, of their respective courses, are eligible for this scholarship.
- If a student in his/her first semester/year of his/her course is selected as per the guidelines framed by the Indian Academy Education Trust, then he/she shall be paid the scholarship amount every semester/year until the completion of the course.
Rs.1, 00,000 (one-time corpus fund)
All of the following Merit-cum-Means Scholarships are instituted and sponsored by the Indian Academy Education Trust
|Sl. No.||Name of the Scholarship||Beneficiary’s Course & Year||Beneficiary’s Name|
|1||Sir M. VISVESVARAYA Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||I Year BCA||Mr. GOUTHAM B.|
|2||Sri KENGALA HANUMANTHAIAH Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||II Year BCA||Ms. PAVITHRA S.|
|3||Prof. P.C. MAHALANOBIS Merit-cum- Means Scholarship||III Year BCA||Ms. SHANBAGAVALLI S.|
|4||Sri DHIRUBHAI AMBANI Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||I Year BBM||Mr. DINESH R.|
|5||Sri KUVEMPU Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||II Year BBM||Mr. MUNIRAJU V. R.|
|6||Sri V.K. Gokak Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||III Year BBM||Ms. RAMYA V.|
|7||Prof. V.K. R.V. RAO Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||I Year B.Com||Ms. NAZEEMA S.|
|8||Sri J. R. D. TATA Merit-cum-Memorial Scholarship||II Year B.com||Mr. ARVIND M.|
|9||Sri MASTI VENKATESHA IYENGAR Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||III Year B.Com||Mr. KIRAN KUMAR S.|
|10||Sri DEVARAJ URS Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||I Year BA||Ms. THANGMEINGAM JAJO|
|11||Dr. B.R. AMBEDKAR Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||II Year BA||Mr. BALAJI M.|
|12||Sri DA RA BENDRE Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||III Year BA||Ms. SUMITHRA R.|
|13||Dr. H. NARASIMHAIAH Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||I Year B.Sc.||Ms. VIDYA M.|
|14||Dr VIKRAM SARABHAI Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||II Year B.Sc.||Ms. TEJESHWANI P.|
|15||Sir C. V. RAMAN Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||III Year B.Sc.||Ms. USHA RANI S.|