Internal Compliants Committee (ICC)
The following committees & support teams have been constituted in compliance with the requirement of statutory agencies.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
An Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been constituted to oversee Quality Management & Assurance aspects at Indian Academy. The major goals of IQAC are as follows:
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic, programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of IADC.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The IQAC is composed of the following teaching faculty and non-teaching staff:
- Chairperson : Dr. E. Jerome Xavier,Principal
- Coordinator : Mrs. Sangeetha Annie George
- Mrs. Srividhya.V, Dept. of Computer Science
- Mrs. Sushma Sree S P, Dept. of Commerce
- Mr. Md. Arshad Ulla Khan, Dept. of Commerce – PG
- Ms. Deepa. S, Dept. of Humanities
- Mrs. Latha V, Dept. of Chemistry
- Dr. Malaiyarasa Pandian, Dept. of Microbiology
Anti – Ragging Committee
Ragging is a social menace and is strictly prohibited in the college, hostels, playground and other premises of the college and outside. The ‘Anti-Ragging Committee’ is constituted with the following members at the institutional level, to establish measures for prohibiting, preventing and punishing the ragging menace within and outside the campus in accordance with UGC Regulations, Supreme Court Directives and State Act. The committee is responsible for taking action against those found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging.
It shall also monitor and oversee the performance of Anti-ragging Squad in prevention of ragging in the institution.
Depending on the nature and severity of the offence, as established by the Anti Ragging Squad & Committee, those found guilty of ragging shall be liable for any one or more of the following punishment. The decision of the Anti Ragging Committee shall be final and binding.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fee concession and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation processes.
- Debarring from representing the College/Institution in any Fest/Event/Sports activities etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the Institution.
- Expulsion from the College/Institution & consequent debarring from admission to any other Indian Academy Institution.
- Fine of Rs.25000/-
- In the case of offences of very serious/grievous nature, the case will be referred to the Police, in addition to any other punishment.
- Collective punishment where the offence is committed collectively by a group or by a class making it difficult or not possible to identify specific persons.
The Anti – Ragging Committee is composed of the following Teaching faculty and non-teaching staff:
- Mrs. Geetha Ravi, Department of English (Coordinator)
- Ms. Lourdhu Jannet Vinoli, Dept. of Mathematics
- Ms. Revathi.S, Dept. of Commerce
- Dr. Mahindra Kumar, Dept. of Hindi
- Mr. Vijayakumar, Dept. of Hindi
- Mr. Sathish.P, Dept. of Computer Science
Anti-Ragging Squad makes surprise raids to hostels and other places vulnerable to incidents of, and having potential of ragging. The squad shall also conduct on-the-spot enquiry into any incident of ragging and submit an enquiry report along with recommendation to the Anti-Ragging Committee for further action.
The following is the composition of Anti-Ragging Squad:
- Mr. Prasanna M P, Physical Education Director (Coordinator)
- Mr. Mahalingaiah V, Dept. of Kannada
- Mrs. Liji Suresh, Dept. of English
- Dr. Priyanka Arora, Dept. of Commerce
- Ms. Lakshmi Sharma, Dept. of Computer Science
- Mrs. Pushpa K, Dept. of Biochemistry
Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
The Internal Complaints Committee under the provisions of ‘The Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013’ is constituted with the following members:
- Dr. E. Jerome Xavier, Principal, Presiding Officer
- Prof. Elizabeth Leena .P.D, Principal, IACN Member
- Mrs. Shalini.S, Vice-Principal
- Prof. Geetha Ravi, Dept. of English
- Mrs. Sushma Shree S P, Dept. of Commerce