Internal Quality Assurance Systems
The Quality Policy of Indian Academy is to achieve excellence in teaching, research, student support, extension and consultancy, with social relevance. The quality management system encompasses organizational structure, procedures, processes and financial, non-financial, human and technological resources.
Indian Academy assures quality education and training by process benchmarking, performance benchmarking and strategic benchmarking.
Internal quality assurance systems in the institution are formulated on the basis of guidelines of external quality assurance agencies such as ISO, NAAC, UGC and the affiliating university.
- Through internal and annual external audits, our quality assurance systems have evolved over a period of time, and have been strengthened.
- Regular ISO audits and the active functioning of IQAC during the last five years have greatly strengthened our quality management systems, resulting in achievement of academic and institutional objectives, and greater alignment with policies, procedures and systems prescribed by the external quality assurance agencies and regulatory authorities.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The IQAC of the college, established in September 2009, has initiated many quality sustenance and enhancement measures during the last 5 years. The IQAC, through many proactive initiatives, has succeeded in internalisation of quality cultures and institutionalisation of best practices. IQAC develops quality benchmarks and parameters for various academic programmes.
- To develop a system for conscious and consistent catalytic action, to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To facilitate institutionalisation of quality initiatives, for improvement of the academic and administrative performance of the college.
- IQAC has evolved operational framework for quality assurance by integrating with all academic and administrative operations of the institution.
- It associates closely with every academic operation of the institution to ensure that all operations have structured strategies and well-defined processes of delivery. This enables tangible measurement of performance, which will serve as reference for sustaining and improving quality of future initiatives.
- It closely observes student support initiatives being delivered at various touch-points across the system, to identify deviations from student-centric approaches. Once such shortcomings are identified, the IQAC actively involves in the amendment and modification of processes/systems, communicates the same and also plays a key role in ensuring firm adherence to these modifications.
- It also continuously validates the conformity between academic and administrative delivery, to ensure that there is no disconnect in comprehensive effectiveness.
Organization of seminars, workshops and training programmes at institutional and national levels, for faculty, students and support staff, to enhance their functional efficiency. It organized two national seminars on quality aspects of education, initiated collaborative programmes in the areas of curriculum review, dissemination of information on best practices and innovative practices in departments and other institutions, and institutionalized them through seminars and reporting systems, thus maintaining quality culture of continuous improvement. Development of course file with annexure on teaching plan, pedagogy and content, periodical academic audits, assessment plan and learner-centric activities help teachers benchmark the teaching-learning-evaluation process, help increase integration of ICT in teaching-learning and promote use of ICT, along with sensitization and training of faculty.
- Dr. E. Jerome Indian Academy, Principal
- Mrs. Sangeetha
- Mrs. Srividya
- Mrs. Sushma
- Mr. Md.Arshad
- Ms. Deepa. S
- Mrs. Latha V
- Dr. Malaiyarasa Pandian