The World Tourism Day – 2018 was formally inaugurated by Dr. E. Jerome Xavier, Principal, Dr. M. Devendra, H.O.D. and Faculty Members – Department of Tourism Studies, Indian Academy Degree College with an invocation song. The celebration was based on theme Tourism and the Digital Transformation with an welcome address by Dr. E Jerome Xavier Principal who highlighted the theme and purpose of celebrating the day and its importance in the Travel and Tourism Industry. Dr. Devendra. M. H.O.D. of the Department highlighted with Official Message of UNWTO on the theme of the World Tourism Day-2018. Department organized various competitions like Digital Collage, Essay Writing, Best Tour Operator and Heritage Marketing for the students to create the awareness of the theme under the banner of WORLD TOURISM DAY – 2018.
The participation in the various competition was highly enthusiastic among the upcoming budding professionals of Travel and Tourism Industry.
The objectives of the competition and celebration of the day was:
- Creating the awareness among the students and others.
- Digital Transformation is about the creation of free environment without disturbing the ecological resources.
- Highlight tourisms potential to contribute in reaching the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030 through Technology.
- Integrity of E-Tourism and Technology in the minds of students.
- To introduce the concept of Virtual Tour Operations amongst the budding professionals of the Tourism Industry.
- To imbibe the ability & skill sets in terms of Technology Management.