Indian Academy School of Nursing is recognized by Karnataka State Diploma In Nursing Examination Board and recognized by Karnataka Nursing Council (KNC) and Indian Nursing Council (INC).
Clinical experience is provided through clinical rotations at multi specialty parent hospitals and in other major Government Hospitals and Primary Health Care Centres. Our parent hospital is a high tech multi disciplinary health care centre. Besides general clinical facilities, other facilities available are Intensive Care Units, Orthopaedic Trauma Care Centre, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Nephrology, Cardiology and Psychiatry units. Transportation is arranged, from the College, for regular hospital and field trips.
The nursing curriculum includes various specialities like:
- Medical Surgical Nursing – This is a nursing speciality area concerned with the care of adult patients in a broad range of settings.
- Community Health Nursing – This is a field of nursing that is a blend of primary healthcare and nursing practices with public health nursing. The philosophy of care is based on the belief that care be directed to individuals, families and groups that contribute to the healthcare of the population as a whole.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology – This is a medical speciality dealing with women’s health during pregnancy, labour, puerperium, and also deals with problems of the female reproductive system.
- Child Health Nursing – This is a science of childcare, and scientific treatment during childhood. This branch of medical science deals with care of children from birth to adolescence.
- Mental Health Nursing – This is a speciality of nursing that cares for people of all ages, with mental illnesses or mental distress. Nurses in this area receive more training in psychological therapies, building a therapeutic alliance, dealing with challenging behaviour, etc.
Physical Resources & Faculty
Indian Academy Education Trust, the parent body of Indian Academy College of Nursing and School of Nursing has already established many institutions in diverse fields. Combining this experience and strength, the College of Nursing has been established, with all necessary lecture halls, laboratories and library facilities. Lecture halls are furnished well and have the latest audiovisual aids and equipments. Laboratories are well planned and equipped with the state-of the-art facilities. Highly qualified and experienced teachers impart quality education by systematic and simple teaching methodologies.
Our application for B.Sc., Medical Lab Technology, B.Sc., Renal Dialysis Technology and B.Sc. Radiography are under consideration for approval by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.