About Research at IA
In consistence with our vision and objectives, we are committed to the development and sustenance of research initiatives at IAGI, through dynamic and continuously evolving strategies and plans.
- To establish research infrastructure
- To support faculty research projects with Seed Grants
- To promote inter-disciplinary research and collaboration
- To encourage faculty members to pursue advanced research degrees such as M. Phil. and Ph.D.
- To provide support in terms of technology and information needs
- Facilitate timely auditing and submission of utilisation certificate to the funding authorities
- To encourage active participation of faculty members in seminars/ conferences/ workshops
- To incentivise research publications and autonomy to the principle investigator
- To encourage faculty seeking external funding for their research proposals
- To encourage students’ participation in faculty/departmental research projects
- To apply for research centre affiliation with Bangalore University and other research bodies
- To conduct FDP on developing research proposals for external funding
- To develop research collaborations with other organisations
- To provide timely access to resources and funds
- Time-off, reduced teaching load, special leave etc. to teachers engaging in research
|1.||Dr. T. Somasekhar||Ph.D.(Neurobiology)|
|2.||Dr. Nagaraj Shenoy||Ph.D.(Business Management)|
|3.||Dr. E. Jerome Xavier||Ph.D.(Human Resources Management)|
|4.||Dr. Susanta Pahari||Ph.D.(Polymer Chemistry)|
|5.||Dr. Mahua Ghosh||Ph.D.(Chemistry)|
|6.||Dr. T. Ramakrishna||Ph.D.(Neurophysiology)|
|7.||Dr. G. Venkatesh||Ph.D.(Physics)|
|8.||Dr. Jesiah Selvam||Ph.D.(Management)|
|9.||Dr. Senthil Kumar||Ph.D.(Microbiology)|
|10.||Dr. Geetika Pant||Ph.D.(Biotechnology)|
Through sustained efforts, we have succeeded in establishing a Research Centre in Life sciences, recognised by Bangalore University since the year 2013-14. With this recognition, the college is permitted to offer formal Ph.D. programmes in life science disciplines.
The institution has acquired permanent affiliation from the Affiliating University, and NAAC accreditation with “A” grade, leading to 2(f) and 12(B) recognition from UGC, which has helped faculty obtain grants from funding agencies such as UGC, VGST, KSCST, etc.
- Vision Group on Science Technology (VGST), Government of Karnataka
- Science Project in College Education (SPiCE)
- Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST)
|S.No.||Funding Agency||Research Project||Investigator|
|1.||Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST)||Establishing the facility for Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics Research: Discovery and development of novel biopharmaceuticals from the broad diversity of snake venoms||Dr. Susanta Pahari|
|2.||University Grants Commission (UGC)||Molecular and Bioinformatics evaluation of anti-staphylococcal secondary metabolites of bacterial isolates from hospital waste water environment.||Prof. Rajarajan|
|3.||University Grants Commission (UGC)||Women Entrepreneurship through Home stay Business – A Case Study on Home stays of Karnataka||Mr. Sachin S|
|S.No.||Funding Agency||Research Project||Investigator|
|1.||Vision Group on Science and technology (VGST-SPiCE)||Enrichment of Y-Oryzanol from rice bran oil.||Dr. Indrani Choudhury|
|2.||Vision Group on Science and technology (VGST-SPiCE)||Production of protease and amylase from Bacillus licheniformis on consortium wheat bran wastes of grinding mills.||Mr. Prasanna Srinivas|
|3.||Vision Group on Science and technology (VGST-SPiCE)||Isolation of aflatoxins from commercially available food grains- groundnuts to detect the presence of toxins in food.||Mr. Prasanna Srinivas|
|4.||Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST)||Heavy metal induction For enhanced lipid productivity In fresh water microalgae.||Dr. Sibi G|
|5.||Vision Group on Science and technology (VGST-SPiCE)||Effect of wheat grass on wound healing related protein Syndecan 4 and tissue transglutaminase on fibroblast cell lines.||Mr. Sudhakar Malla|
|6.||Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST)||Comparative studies of biomass production and lipid accumulation in fresh water microalgae under autotrophic and heterotrophic conditions.||Dr. Sibi G|
|7.||Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST)||Bicarbonate based microbial carbon sequestration for higher biomass and lipid production in Chlorella species.||Dr. Sibi G|
|8.||University Grant Commission (UGC)||Biosorption of chromium from electroplating and galvanizing Industrial Effluents using freshwater microalgae under extreme conditions.||Dr. Sibi G|
|9.||University Grant Commission (UGC)||Development of multiplex PCR kit for detection of oral Streptococci in caries active subjects||Dr. Khalid Imran|
|10.||University Grant Commission (UGC)||Epidemiology and characterization of lipophilic yeast (Malassezia) from human dandruff samples using cultural and molecular methods.||Dr. Sonia Sharma|
|11.||University Grant Commission (UGC)||Antioxidant properties of polyphenols of nutraceutical importance in the fermented and non-fermented extract obtained from the waste and under- utilized parts of fruits and vegetables.||Dr. Monika Bajpai|
|12.||University Grant Commission (UGC)||Dengue viral non structural protein induced host cubic membranes: a target for understanding and combating viral infections.||Dr. Selvam Arjunan|
|13.||University Grant Commission (UGC)||Antibacterial Activity of nonmaterial synthesized from plant extracts against methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).||Dr. Senthilkumar. R|
|14.||Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST)||Bioremoval of heavy metals combined with enhanced microalgae growth and Lipid accumulation through metal nanoparticle stress.||Dr. Sibi G|
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Molecular Biology
- Transcriptomics and Proteomics
- Next-Generation Sequencing
- Medical Microbiology
- Food Biotechnology
- Fermentation Technology
- System Biology
- Organic Synthesis
- Medicinal/Natural Product Chemistry
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Development
All the science departments have full-fledged laboratories with modern equipment and supplies. They are open to both students and faculty, round the clock.
The DSDR research laboratory contains the following research facilities: laminar flow, orbital shaker with cooling, BOD incubator, electrophoresis apparatus, gradient PCR, -80°C and -20°C deep freezers, UV -Visible spectrophotometer, and gel documentation system.
Augmented library resources are equipped with journals, and provide access to scientific databases, e-journals and e-books.
The institution publishes a bi-annual journal “IASMS Journal of Business Spectrum” (ISSN: 0974/8016).
The editorial board consists of experts in the field of management studies, representing premier organisations at national and international levels. Manuscripts received for publication are subject to standard peer-review process as specified in the journal.